Welcome to the CG Chatter Podcast episode #33! In this episode I discuss what “computer graphics” means, what it can empower you to create, and the many career options for those who create computer graphics.
I’m also very excited to announce that I am now offering online computer graphics tutoring! Find out more at cgchatter.com/tutoring.
Computer Graphics Careers & Disciplines
In the episode I talk about a number of computer graphics disciplines and the many career areas that make use of them. Here is a list of these areas, along with links to my interviews with folks working in each of those areas if you want to learn more.
- Video Games
- Concept Art
- User Experience Design & User Interface Art
- Technical Art/Rigging
- Software Engineering
- Comics and Print
- Sports Graphics
- Marketing & Advertising
- Graphic Design for Print & Web
- Motion Graphics & Animation
- Run, Kick, Shout!, Episode #32
- Animator, Digital Storyteller, & Instructor Derek Cuneo, Episode #27
- Motion Graphic Designer Tim Weidelman, Episode #25
- Creative Director, Animator, & Illustrator Jake Williams, Episode #24
- 3D Character Animator Gordana Fersini, Episode #7
(also works in movies)
- Freelance Animator Mike Taylor, Episode #2
(also works in video games)
- Architecture & Engineering
- Museums & Education
For additional career advice, check out my interview with recruiter/career coach extraordinaire Maureen Lawson in Episode #11.
Also, if you’re interested in learning computer graphics or expanding your current skill set, consider visiting cgchatter.com/tutoring to learn more about one-on-one online computer graphics tutoring with me, Eric. Best wishes in all your CG ventures!